A Very Late "Tag It Tuesday" Tag...

Hello Blog Friends!

It has been SO LONG since I made a new blog post...or even made art. I have been gone from my home and all over the place since the beginning of June. I helped a kid move apartments in Flagstaff, visited friends in Palmdale, and spent several nights caretaking in the hospital. Whew...I am finally home and time to try to get caught up. This week was 'Tag It Tuesday' Linky Party at my friend Sheri's blog. ..Cards and More by Sheri. So here is my 'Wings of Summer' themed tag.


I started my tag with a tag I had laying around that I had used to blot off excess Dylusions Spray ink from a swirly stencil. There is always so much ink I don't want to waste when I spray...so I blot the extra on a blank tag or a journal page for later. I rolled some clear gesso over my tag in an attempt to seal in the ink. Dylusions is so reactional to wet media..it bleeds into anything and I was not sure what I was putting over it.


Next I decided to try out my new Dylusions paints. I got a few colors after watching several videos of people talking them up. I just barely touched the paint in the lid with a sponge and then applied it to my tag using a circular motion. It went on very smooth and a tiny bit went a long way. It dried matte which is what I prefer for finishes. I rubbed the excess paint onto my paper mat to change colors. and the paint washed right out of the sponge with a bit of water when I was done.


Next I decided to try out some molding paste. My friend Heather over at the Kraaft Shaak Shop is pretty brilliant. She takes the big bottles of paints and mediums and makes samples of them so you can try several products before actually investing in a big expensive tub. I have a sample of the Prima Light Modeling Paste here that I am trying.  It is very smooth and dried very quickly. I like it better then my homemade paste. I also got a sample of the heavier paste to try later as well.


Next I decided to add a bit of shimmery drips and drops with some Pebeo Dyna paints. I like the way drips work with texture. Running through and around it. I mixed the paint with a lot of water and then dripped it using a plastic pipette.


While all that background was drying I decided to draw something for the foreground. The theme for this month was 'wings of summer'  so anything you might see flitting about like butterflies, dragonflies, birds. I wanted a image of a person encouraging a bird to take flight.


I colored my image using the same paints and some Neocolor II water soluble crayons. Then I reinforced the lines with a black Posca pen.


Then I fussy cut my figure out and glued it to my tag using gel medium under and over it.


I cut out the letters for the word 'fly' from a scrap of black card stock using my hand die cutting machine. I attached those to the tag using gel medium.


To finish the tag I added some sheer black ribbon and some shiny teal twine to the top. I added in some more shimmer using a Wink of Stella pen.


I hope you liked my tag :) Tune in on Saturday for my final project on the design team for Kraaft Shaak Spark Some Creativity Saturday. 

<3 Shel

Comments

  1. Beautifully creative tag, Shel !! So many layers and dimensions, color combos that give my eyes smiles,and of course, your drawing, your gorgeous as ever heARTistry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Shel, I do hope all is well with you and your family-
    Sometimes life Does get busy and in the way! So glad to see you are back to creating Such a cool tag thanks for sharing! hugs to you xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie :) Yes, life is pesky and interfering sometimes. Things are finally smoothing out and I will be creating again once I have rested up!

      Delete
  3. Hi Shel, thought I hadn't seen you for a while. Your friend Heather has a great idea to make the samples available. There are so many different pastes and mediums that it's often difficult to know what to buy. The tag is great, gorgeous texture.
    Hope you have a nice weekend and happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Angela :) Yes, being able to get a sample of things from Heather at Kraaft Shaak has been a blessing. Companies that make art stuff should give the sample idea a try..lol..who knows if they want to buy a huge tub of something weird sounding thing (string gel for example) until they actully try it? lol

      Delete
  4. Love the layer upon layer - what a glorious depth created. Her hair just pulls me in for some reason. Wonderful tag, Shel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win :) I like the building up of layers for sure!

      Delete
  5. Wow, I loved this tag BEFORE you put your amazing drawing on it, and then that just bumped it up to another level completely. Fantastic as always! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheri. I always have fun at linky parties :)

      Delete
  6. Nice to see a new post, Shel. I've missed seeing your creations! I really love the background of this piece....the texture, the different designs and the colors! <3 Your added drawing just made your tag extra special. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read every one :)