Clean Your Desk Tag and a Curvy Mermaid Tag

Hello Friends :)

I must tell you that my studio is a mess and I don't want to clean it up. The inner child in me is just having a tantrum every time I think about cleaning and organizing! I thought that 'Spring Cleaning' was a real thing. That I would get the urge to purge. Nonsense! I have been hoarding every little colorful bit of paper and scraps I can..lol Well I decided to try and clean one little shelf that is right above my desk. A place where I just stick stuff that is leftover from various projects. I challenged myself to make something pretty out of that clutter! Well, my first project is a collage tag and I think it came out pretty well so I made another :) See below


While I was editing the video I decided to do some Shout outs to some fun and creative art channels as well. So if you watch, be sure to go check them out and give them some love!




My next tag is made from a experimental tag I had in my desk pile I think it was trying out some home made modeling paste to see if it worked...it did. And it has something water soluble on it that is very shimmery so I am guessing maybe it is Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist experiments perhaps. There was also a piece of scrap text weight paper on the desk so I started a sketch of a mermaid. Why a mermaid you ask? Well, I am in this Facebook group where you are supposed to make a mermaid a month for a year..and I have yet to make one specifically for that. So here she is!




If you are actually here reading my blog post then you deserve a special gift. If you like this Curly Mermaid and you would like to make something with her...here is a link to my downloadable sketch.



The sketch is by no means perfect. The line weights are a bit wonky in places. But feel free to use it as a coloring page or in your mixed media. Of course...please give credit if you post it or video it...to not do that would be hurtful to me.

Thanks for visiting my blog and please leave me a comment so I know you were here!
<3 Shel





Comments

  1. Shel C, Thanks for the sketch. Your piece is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOWZERS Girl... I am LOVING your Clean-up Tags! and I totally get the internal tantrum against cleaning up... BEEN THERE!!.. But then the sheer volume of the mess encroaches so much into your work space that you find yourself working on top of a stool in the middle of your space because 35 feet of counter is covered in 14 inch deep piles (Yes that was MEEEE... Grin) When I finally got to that point it took me eight 10-hour days to finally go through my space, inventory, purge and organize and it was so worth it... I found so much stuff that I had forgoten I even had, and I have not let myself get that bad again, close but not THAT BAD, Bigger Grin... but any way... Thanks for the downloadable PDF I am so looking forward to creating something with it and being able to say DESIGNED BY YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kynne, So far it is mostly my floor driving me crazy! Paper bits EVERYWHERE and my chair rolls over them and crinkles LOL. My workspace is really small so I have to constantly clear off my desk to make these darn videos! I know what you mean about finding things though...I found stuff recently in a drawer I never opened for a couple years! Enjoy the sketch..I know you will make something fun with her!

      Delete
  3. Love your mermaid, actually all your art 😁 thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz :) I love to share and inspire people to try things. I hope its working LOL

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean about cleaning! It seems like a waste of time, especially when you have something a lot more exciting to do! Love your tags - so typically you! Gorgeous drawings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning ..forget about it! Creating is where it is at! Thanks for your comment. Do you think I am developing a style? I worry I am too eclectic and will never develop one. Kinda of that feeling when you are 11 and think your chest will never grow in LOL!

      Delete
  5. I love both tags ,but have to say, that curvy mermaid is so way sexy!! I love how it came out!! Thanks so much for the download- you are a doll for sharing!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jackie and leaving a sweet comment. I did try to make that mermaid a bit curvy sexy hot mama :) Glad to share the sketch to everyone who loves their women..um mermaids..a bit more curvy! lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read every one :)