Happy 2018!

Hello Friends :)

It is almost the end of January and I still have not written a blog post to welcome 2019! Wow, I am always amazed at how fast time flies by. I get busy busy busy and then a month has passed without me noticing. I am sure it is the same for all of you!

So what is happening for January, 2018? Well, I just returned from the big trade show for crafts and hobbies. It is called Creativation and it was held in Phoenix AZ. I went there with the Canvas Corp Brands company to help with their booth. I had so much fun getting to know the owners of the company and some of the design team. We had a fun creativity table set up and many people came and played with fun products at our table. I also brought home lots of products and ideas to get me charged up for the new year of my YouTube channel videos and maybe even some blogging LOL.
Here is a video about my experience -


For 2018 my focus will still be mostly on my Youtube channel and making videos. I really enjoy sharing my art that way. I mostly make small projects like art journal pages, tags, artist trading cards, and small canvases. I then edit the footage into sped up videos of with voice over. This is my preferred type of video to watch, so that is the kind I make. I publish a video every other day onto my channel...unless I am traveling or there is a daily challenge I am participating in.
Here are a few recent ones I made.







In addition to the Shel C - PaperOcotilloStudio channel I work on, Peg Robinson and I have another channel together for livestream videos. These videos are exactly what that sounds like. A real time live video that is streamed onto Youtube. People can watch live and comment as we are going. Ask questions or make comments. They can also watch the video later as a recording. The channel is called ART Joy of Sharing LIVE Stream and we also have a supporting Facebook Group called Art Joy of Sharing that people can join in and share.
Here is the most recent video from our livestreaming channel 




Another fun thing I am continuing to do this year is the Pick A Stick Challenge Facebook Group. We made some little changes to the challenge this year. One word prompts instead of technique driven steps and few prompts with an extra wild card. Here is my January 2018 art journal page video and my January artist trading card video using the new format challenges. You can also ask to join the group here Pick A Stick Challenge Facebook Group







In 2018 I plan to start an Etsy shop with some of my original art and prints for sale. I might even design some stencils or stamps and add them to the shop. This shop has been asked for repeatedly by my fan group. I will let you know when I get it up and running!

I hope every one of you has had a great start of the new year and are healthy and happy!
Thank you <3 Shel C

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see your offerings in your etsy shop. I wonder why you haven't gotten a shop sooner. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dani :) It is just another thing to manage and I like to share more then work on that pesky money making thing LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read every one :)